Born and raised in a small
town in Iowa (pop. 125 and about a 5 minute drive to the family farm), I grew up in a loving family, avoided manual labor, at all costs, and discovered sports and technology at about age 5.
I continued in sports and technology throughout high school (4 sports, a few state championships and a 56k baud modem) and into college (just 2 sports and a computer science degree).
Post-college, I lived in great places like Austin, Texas and Orlando, Florida before making my way to California (thank you, VERITAS Software) where I learned to appreciate the lack of state income tax and reasonable housing prices in Texas and Florida.
I now live in San Diego, have an absolutely amazing wife, a remarkable (plus, incredibly energetic) son and work for Rackspace as a Sales Engineer while, of course, still dabbling in athletics.
I am almost always busy and strive for maximum productivity and efficiency in nearly everything I do. IrrationalEnvy is simply my channel to share with others what I find.
Gallup Strengths Assessment Results
- Achiever: “You feel as if every day starts at zero. By the end of the day you must achieve something tangible in order to feel good about yourself.”
- Learner: “You are energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence.”
- Relator: “For you, a relationship has value only if it is genuine.”
- Responsibility: “You take psychological ownership for anything you commit to, and whether large or small, you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion.”
- Focus: “Your Focus reminds everyone that if something is not helping you move toward your destination, then it is not important. And if it is not important, then it is not worth your time.”
Extended DISC Assessment Results
My primary relationship role is: Stimulator
“A Stimulator is an extremely open and positive person who wants to see – and sees – good in every person and in every situation. The Stimulator seeks positive opportunities and steers away from all negative situations. He lives through his emotions and is also able to influence other people’s emotions. Others find the Stimulator as someone who is positive and who makes friends easily. Some people may also find the Stimulator superficial and too relaxed. In reality he wants to take part in many things and he does not find it necessary to analyze every single thing thoroughly. The Stimulator knows that reality is different from what we plan it to be. The Stimulator likes it when he is included in everything and when there are many things going on. The Stimulator does not usually say directly what is on his mind if he feels that it may annoy the other person or if it would lead to an unpleasant conversation. He likes bringing up new ideas and attending meetings where new ideas are created.”
Thank you for reading, do not hesitate to contact me and please feel free to share IE with your friends.
Disclaimer: The opinions stated here are entirely my own.